COPING WITH THIS INCONVENIENT TRUTH?
In face of challenges, like arable land scarcity, overfished oceans, global warming, resource constraints, we believe that in many instances technology can bring solutions.
The World by 2050
More food will be needed
THE ASIAN SITUATION
With 4.5bn people in a fragmented region, APAC needs a more developed innovation ecosystem to address local challenges, such as its increasing urbanization, lower per capita GDP, vastly varying geographies and evolving food consumption patterns.
Asia Pacific by 2050
of the world’s 1bn hungry reside here
of Asians living in cities by 2050
Post-harvest losses in agriculture production
THE FUTURE FOOD ASIA PLATFORM
The Future Food Asia Platform aims to accelerate open innovation in AgriTech and FoodTech across Asia Pacific, with the goal to catalyze and align an ecosystem to cope with the challenges of food.
FUTURE FOOD ASIA 2020 PARTNERS
MEDIA AND OUTREACH PARTNERS
A first-of-its-kind platform
An integrated innovation network
Enabling the growth of innovations
NEWS AND UPDATES
The recipient of the award will be one that strives to empower workers along the supply chain and achieve food security through technological disruption. Corteva Agriscience will make their final selection based on a curated list of FFA applicants that share this goal.
Food has always been a necessity, a source of joy and a way of cultural expression. Food has always been cool. But with innovation revolutions in motion and rising concerns over sustainability, food has new ways of taming nature.
The Future Food Asia 2020 conference will help discover just how ‘cool’ food is, separating the fad from the future. Back for its fourth edition, Future Food Asia continues its endeavor of advancing entrepreneurship and innovation in the AgriFoodTech sector in Asia Pacific.
From a global perspective, transforming food systems to meet demand in inclusive, sustainable, healthy, nutritious and efficient ways is recognized as one of the world’s biggest challenges. And as entrepreneurs and policy-makers debate the future of protein delivery systems, no option should go unexplored, and no one must be left behind.
THE TEAM BEHIND FUTURE FOOD ASIA
Founder and CEO
- Isabelle has had a 20-year corporate career in the luxury and beverage industries before moving to Singapore in 2012 and setting up ID Capital.
- Her last responsibility was SVP Marketing & Communications for the Cognac brand Hennessy, member of the Executive Committee. This included significant involvement in the upstream sector of Viticulture. Prior to this she was with Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Dunhill and Boucheron, in different senior capacities (supply chain director, retail network director, CMO).
- After careful research for an emerging sector to invest in she was convinced that the foodtech & agtech sectors were bound for dramatic change. For the next two years she reviewed venture deals and invested as a private investor.
- The idea of the FFA was born in May 2016 after potential co-investors expressed interests in her Agtech/Foodtech deal flow. It also appeared that startups would greatly benefit from regional exposure to grow their venture.
Vice President – Portfolio Management
- Abhinav comes with a diverse experience in entrepreneurship, M&A and corporate finance, working in both investment banks and multinationals in India and Singapore.
- He began as social entrepreneur establishing a solar electrification project in rural India. He subsequently worked in M&A Advisory with a focus on the consumer sector. Most recently, he was part of Mondelez International’s future finance leaders program, experiencing the breadth of the finance function in Southeast Asia.
- The combination of these experiences across the agri-food value chain has brought him to question the future of food and decide to contribute to this nascent FoodTech revolution.
- Abhinav holds a Master in Business Administration from Singapore Management University as well as Master and Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from the University of Mumbai.
- His mantra of ‘Creative Discontentment’ fuels his passion for cinema and design.