COPING WITH THIS INCONVENIENT TRUTH?
In face of challenges, like arable land scarcity, overfished oceans, global warming, resource constraints, we believe that in many instances technology can bring solutions.
The World by 2050
More food will be needed
THE ASIAN SITUATION
With 4.5bn people in a fragmented region, APAC needs a more developed innovation ecosystem to address local challenges, such as its increasing urbanization, lower per capita GDP, vastly varying geographies and evolving food consumption patterns.
Asia Pacific by 2050
of the world’s 1bn hungry reside here
of Asians living in cities by 2050
Post-harvest losses in agriculture production
FUTURE FOOD ASIA 2021 PARNTERS
Dole Sunshine Company
The U.S. Dry Beans Council
The USDBC is a private trade association comprised of leaders in the bean industry with the common goal of promoting the U.S. edible bean trade, both in the United States and abroad, and educating U.S. consumers about the benefits of beans.
THE FUTURE FOOD ASIA PLATFORM
The Future Food Asia Platform aims to accelerate open innovation in AgriTech and FoodTech across Asia Pacific, with the goal to catalyze and align an ecosystem to cope with the challenges of food.
A first-of-its-kind platform
An integrated innovation network
Enabling the growth of innovations
NEWS AND UPDATES
Allozymes and Senior Deli were announced as co-winners at Future Food Asia 2021 and will receive US$ 100,000 each.
ProfilePrint was awarded the Cargill Prize for Health Through Nutrition.
REharvest and Mi Terro were both awarded the Thai Wah Circular Bio-Economy Prize.
Learn how pulses are bringing a wave of new innovations to the global alt. protein industry and why Asia Pacific is strategically located to reap the benefits.
In this report we have gathered perspectives and insights from the innovators and corporate leaders who are playing a critical role in the shaping …..the Future of Pulses
Announcing the 10 AgriFoodTech startup finalists competing for the USD 100,000 Future Food Asia Award 2021
The finalist start-ups will showcase their innovations at the fifth edition of the Future Food Asia conference, hosted from 7-11 June 2021
THE TEAM BEHIND FUTURE FOOD ASIA
Founder and CEO
- Isabelle has had a 20-year corporate career in the luxury and beverage industries before moving to Singapore in 2012 and setting up ID Capital.
- Her last responsibility was SVP Marketing & Communications for the Cognac brand Hennessy, member of the Executive Committee. This included significant involvement in the upstream sector of Viticulture. Prior to this she was with Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Dunhill and Boucheron, in different senior capacities (supply chain director, retail network director, CMO).
- After careful research for an emerging sector to invest in she was convinced that the foodtech & agtech sectors were bound for dramatic change. For the next two years she reviewed venture deals and invested as a private investor.
- The idea of the FFA was born in May 2016 after potential co-investors expressed interests in her Agtech/Foodtech deal flow. It also appeared that startups would greatly benefit from regional exposure to grow their venture.
- Jean has had a varied corporate career that brought her across Asia and the rest of the world, working for a mix of corporates, advisory and private equity firms.
- She began her career with KPMG Singapore in the Assurance division, with a focus on financial institutions. Her interest in investing and fluency in Korean subsequently led her to EY Korea, where she worked in the Transaction Advisory Services division, with a focus on cross border deals for a myriad of industries.
- Post her masters, she moved to Hong Kong for a short stint with L Catterton, the world’s largest consumer dedicated private equity firm. She was part of the investment team, where she evaluated new investments and managed existing portfolio companies.
- More recently, Jean was based in Korea with a Korean cosmetics company as part of their finance team handling investor relations and finance.
- She is fluent in English, Chinese, Korean & Cantonese
- Jean holds a Masters in Finance from London Business School as well as a Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy from Nanyang Technological University
Vice President – Portfolio Management
- Abhinav comes with a diverse experience in entrepreneurship, M&A and corporate finance, working in both investment banks and multinationals in India and Singapore.
- He began as social entrepreneur establishing a solar electrification project in rural India. He subsequently worked in M&A Advisory with a focus on the consumer sector. Most recently, he was part of Mondelez International’s future finance leaders program, experiencing the breadth of the finance function in Southeast Asia.
- The combination of these experiences across the agri-food value chain has brought him to question the future of food and decide to contribute to this nascent FoodTech revolution.
- Abhinav holds a Master in Business Administration from Singapore Management University as well as Master and Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from the University of Mumbai.
- His mantra of ‘Creative Discontentment’ fuels his passion for cinema and design.