COPING WITH THIS INCONVENIENT TRUTH?
In face of challenges, like arable land scarcity, overfished oceans, global warming, resource constraints, we believe that in many instances technology can bring solutions.
The World by 2050
More food will be needed
THE ASIAN SITUATION
With 4.5bn people in a fragmented region, APAC needs a more developed innovation ecosystem to address local challenges, such as its increasing urbanization, lower per capita GDP, vastly varying geographies and evolving food consumption patterns.
Asia Pacific by 2050
of the world’s 1bn hungry reside here
of Asians living in cities by 2050
Post-harvest losses in agriculture production
FUTURE FOOD ASIA AWARD 2018 PARTNERS
THE FUTURE FOOD ASIA PLATFORM
The Future Food Asia Platform aims to accelerate open innovation in AgriTech and FoodTech across Asia Pacific, with the goal to catalyze and align an ecosystem to cope with the challenges of food.
A first-of-its-kind platform
An integrated innovation network
Enabling the growth of innovations
Friday, 26th May 2017
Tanglin Club, Singapore
SGD 340 K
Grants from FFAA and SPRING Singapore
Industry, Investors, Govt., Media and Start-ups,
From China, HK, India, Israel, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan
NEWS AND UPDATES
Development rests on the foundation of healthy nutrition. With this recognition, Hannes Schmid set out to build the prototype of a smart village
ID Capital announces the second edition of the Future Food Asia Award, Asia Pacific’s premier AgriTech and FoodTech competition
Something about our collective food consumption needs to change if we want to avoid a climate disaster and feed the world’s growing population. These problems are well recognized – the United Nations made it one of its sustainable development goals to overhaul the current food system.
THE TEAM BEHIND ‘FUTURE FOOD ASIA AWARD’
Founder and CEO
- Isabelle has had a 20-year corporate career in the luxury and beverage industries before moving to Singapore in 2012 and setting up ID Capital.
- Her last responsibility was SVP Marketing & Communications for the Cognac brand Hennessy, member of the Executive Committee. This included significant involvement in the upstream sector of Viticulture. Prior to this she was with Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Dunhill and Boucheron, in different senior capacities (supply chain director, retail network director, CMO).
- After careful research for an emerging sector to invest in she was convinced that the foodtech & agtech sectors were bound for dramatic change. For the next two years she reviewed venture deals and invested as a private investor.
- The idea of the FFAA was born in May 2016 after potential co-investors expressed interests in her Agtech/Foodtech deal flow. It also appeared that startups would greatly benefit from regional exposure to grow their venture.
Vice President – Portfolio Management
- Abhinav comes with a diverse experience in entrepreneurship, M&A and corporate finance, working in both investment banks and multinationals in India and Singapore.
- He began as social entrepreneur establishing a solar electrification project in rural India. He subsequently worked in M&A Advisory with a focus on the consumer sector. Most recently, he was part of Mondelez International’s future finance leaders program, experiencing the breadth of the finance function in Southeast Asia.
- The combination of these experiences across the agri-food value chain has brought him to question the future of food and decide to contribute to this nascent FoodTech revolution.
- Abhinav holds a Master in Business Administration from Singapore Management University as well as Master and Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from the University of Mumbai.
- His mantra of ‘Creative Discontentment’ fuels his passion for cinema and design.
- Leon comes with a firm belief in a better future empowered by disruptive innovation, strong communities, and connected resources.
- He regards ID Capital as an epitome of socially-aware innovation driving force, where he looks to leverage his tech background at Google, and his entrepreneurial experience in building one of the vibrant youth communities in Singapore – Yidu Club.
- Leon holds a Dipl.-Ing. in Science and Executive Engineering from Mines ParisTech (France), M.Eng. and B.Eng. in Civil and Environmental Engineering from NUS (Singapore). He speaks fluent French and Mandarin, as well as a ryōri level of conversational Japanese.
- Leon is also a longtime meditation practitioner since 2004.