Future Food Asia is the first-of-its-kind platform for Agtech and Foodtech innovations in APAC.
In partnership with multinationals, government organizations, startups and research teams, we are building an integrated innovation network. We are looking for agile startups to innovate and disrupt our food value chain.
26th May 2017 | 8:30AM to 6:00PM | Tangling Club, Singapore
Start-ups will be evaluated
For their innovativeness, implementation and impact by a panel of distinguished judges.
Finalists will be invited to present
Technology beyond proof-of-concept
Raised approximately USD 250 K in seed capital
Team has good English proficiency
Operations exist in Asia Pacific
Business falls within FFAA’s sector categories
Investors and Corporates
Early Bird Pass
Investors and Corporates
Investors and Corporates
Academics, Non Profits & Govt. Agencies*
*Holders will require organization/institution identification for entry to the event
SPEAKERS AT FUTURE FOOD ASIA AWARD 2017
Senior Vice President for Markets and Food at World Wildlife Fund
Jason works with some of the world’s largest companies to reduce their impact on the environment. In addition to his work with WWF, he is the author of 20 books and is National Geographic’s first-ever Food and Sustainability Fellow. Clay created one of the first US fair-trade ecolabels and has been involved in developing many other standards for commodities such as cotton, shrimp and sugarcane.
Early in his career, Clay received a PhD in Anthropology and International Agriculture as a result of his interest in sustainability from working on and then running the family farm. Over the course of his career, he worked with the US Department of Agriculture, taught at Harvard and Yale and was awarded the 2012 James Beard Award for his work on global food sustainability. He spent 15 years working on human rights with indigenous people, refugees and famine victims
President, Southeast Asia, ANZ and Global Destination Marketing
Archer Daniels Midland Company
Ian Pinner is president, Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand and Global Destination Marketing for Archer Daniels Midland Company, and a member of the company’s Executive Council. As such, he leads ADM’s business and growth activities in Southeast Asia and ANZ, as well as the company’s destination marketing initiatives.
Pinner joined ADM in 1999 and has served in a variety of leadership roles in the company, including president, ADM Grain; general manager, European Softseeds; managing director for ADM Milling and ADM Pura in the United Kingdom; energy manager for ADM’s European operations; and general manager for ADM’s oilseed crush and refinery operations in the United Kingdom. Most recently, he served as president, Global Cocoa, where he led the divestiture of the business, and prior to that, as vice president, Corporate Strategic & Financial Planning.
Prior to joining ADM, Pinner spent seven years with S. C. Banks plc, a European grain merchant.
Pinner holds a diploma in business and finance from Mander College in Bedford, England.
JURY PANEL AT FUTURE FOOD ASIA AWARD 2017
Director of Partnerships, Transfer and Innovation at INRA
Gerard served as the Director of Partnerships, Transfer and Innovation at INRA, Europe’s top agricultural research institute and the world’s number two centre for the agricultural sciences. Upon retiring from INRA in 2016 Gérard has been leveraging his domain experience to assess innovative projects and mentor talented teams in the sector of agriculture, alimentation and environment. During his time at INRA he ran the MIS Division and also served as President of Technology Transfer subsidiaries. He has also co-created, along with VC firm Seventure, the first agro-biotech accelerator that became Enterome, a start-up pioneering the metagenomics of the digestive tract and its applications in human health. Over this period of time Gérard has also held a number of board positions.
Prior to INRA, he worked in various designations for the National Research Institute of Science and Technology for Environment and Agriculture (IRSTEA), and ultimately as the Director for Development and Innovation. He also held the positon of Managing Director for the Biology Division of Groupe Générale de Santé, the 1st French group of private hospitals and clinics. Between 1982 and 1992 he held many operational positions in the domain of biotechnologies applied to diagnostics and treatment, and plasma protein fractionation.
A trained engineer, Gérard graduated in 1973 from Ecole Polytechnique in France. In 1978 he became Engineer of Water and Forestry Engineering (ENGREF Institute), under the authority of the Ministry of Agriculture (France). His career as a civil servant culminated in 2008 when he got promoted to the rank of Engineer General.
Dr. Ralph Graichen
Director, Food and Nutrition, Biomedical Research Council at A*STAR Singapore
Dr. Ralph is currently Director, Food and Nutrition, Biomedical Research Council (BMRC) of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore. In his current position with A*STAR, Ralph is working with strategic partners to administer and develop new initiatives and programmes in the research areas of food and nutrition. He has a co-appointment as Adjunct Associate Professor with Nanyang Technological University, School of Chemical & Biomedical Engineering. He also sits on the advisory panel of the Food Innovation & Resource Centre, Singapore Polytechnic as well as multiple grant review committees.
Ralph has over 12 years of experience in the local and global biomedical and nutrition industry. He was previously Research Operations Manager for Abbott Nutrition in Asia, establishing the R&D infrastructure and managing the research portfolio for Asia.
Prior to joining Abbott Nutrition, Ralph was Research Director for ES Cell International, the first organization to provide clinical grade embryonic stem cell lines to the world’s research community (now a subsidiary of Bio Time Inc). Preceding ES Cell Ralph was part of the regional business development team at Roche Diagnostics Asia Pacific.
Ralph graduated with a master in Biology from the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany and attained his PhD from the National University Singapore through the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology. Ralph attended the Food System Leadership Institute, a program of the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) with support from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
Victoria de la Huerga
Vice President, ADM Ventures
Archer Daniels Midland Company
Victoria is currently Vice President of ADM Ventures. As such, she is responsible for accelerating the organic growth component of ADM’s growth strategy. ADM Ventures oversees and selects, high potential new product development projects from the various business units and nurtures promising, early stage start-up companies through partnerships and investment opportunities.
Victoria joined ADM via the acquisition of WILD Flavors in 2014 and has served 16 years in a variety of leadership roles for the company, including vice president, Beverage Business Unit, vice president of LATAM, vice president of strategy and technology development. Most recently she served as vice president of global marketing and strategy for the Wild Flavors & Specialty Ingredients business unit at ADM.
Prior to joining ADM, Victoria spent 12 years at PepsiCo and 2 years at Joseph E. Seagram & Son.
Victoria holds a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin.
THE TEAM BEHIND ‘FUTURE FOOD ASIA AWARD’
Founder and CEO
- Isabelle has had a 20-year corporate career in the luxury and beverage industries before moving to Singapore in 2012 and setting up ID Capital.
- Her last responsibility was SVP Marketing & Communications for the Cognac brand Hennessy, member of the Executive Committee. This included significant involvement in the upstream sector of Viticulture. Prior to this she was with Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Dunhill and Boucheron, in different senior capacities (supply chain director, retail network director, CMO).
- After careful research for an emerging sector to invest in she was convinced that the foodtech & agtech sectors were bound for dramatic change. For the next two years she reviewed venture deals and invested as a private investor.
- The idea of the FFAA was born in May 2016 after potential co-investors expressed interests in her Agtech/Foodtech deal flow. It also appeared that startups would greatly benefit from regional exposure to grow their venture.
Business Portfolio Manager
- Abhinav comes with a diverse experience in entrepreneurship, M&A and corporate finance, working in both investment banks and multinationals in India and Singapore.
- He began as social entrepreneur establishing a solar electrification project in rural India. He subsequently worked in M&A Advisory with a focus on the consumer sector. Most recently, he was part of Mondelez International’s future finance leaders program, experiencing the breadth of the finance function in Southeast Asia.
- The combination of these experiences across the agri-food value chain has brought him to question the future of food and decide to contribute to this nascent FoodTech revolution.
- Abhinav holds a Master in Business Administration from Singapore Management University as well as Master and Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from the University of Mumbai.
- His mantra of ‘Creative Discontentment’ fuels his passion for cinema and design.
Business Venture Associate
- Leon comes with a firm belief in a better future empowered by disruptive innovation, strong communities, and connected resources.
- He regards ID Capital as an epitome of socially-aware innovation driving force, where he looks to leverage his tech background at Google, and his entrepreneurial experience in building one of the vibrant youth communities in Singapore – Yidu Club.
- Leon holds a Dipl.-Ing. in Science and Executive Engineering from Mines ParisTech (France), M.Eng. and B.Eng. in Civil and Environmental Engineering from NUS (Singapore). He speaks fluent French and Mandarin, as well as a ryōri level of conversational Japanese.
- Leon is also a longtime meditation practitioner since 2004.